Fort Worth, TX, USA
SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Production Supervisor, supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in fabricating roof trusses.
• Safety – Observe and follow safety and security procedures designed to ensure the safety of our employees.
• High Performance – Consistently perform at a high level and with a sense of urgency.
• Integrity & Honesty – Demonstrate and enforce full compliance to rules, regulations, and standards in a candid, truthful, and ethical manner.
• Focus – Stays on task to achieve goals and objectives even during difficult and stressful situations.
• Teamwork – Cooperatively works with team members to solve problems, identify waste and meet organizational goals.
• Reviews production schedules and cutting bills provided by the scheduling department for lumber and plate specifications. Estimates worker hour requirements for meeting the schedule and coordinates assembly based upon the date of delivery.
• Adjusts production line set up and crewing to meet committed delivery dates.
• Is responsible for accurate review and approval of overtime on employee time cards and reports indirect labor hours.
• Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments for staffing needs and job priorities.
• Sets up machines and equipment when required.
• Reports machinery and equipment malfunctions to maintenance personnel and the Production Supervisor.
• Inventories, orders, and inspects materials and tools.
• Suggests changes in working conditions, production techniques, and use of equipment to control costs, and increase the efficiency of plant, department, and/or work for crew.
• Analyzes and resolves production problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
• Ensures that employee conduct and safety guidelines are followed and applied in a consistent manner to all employees.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Self-starter with vision who sets realistic, yet challenging targets with a record of achieving goals.
• Effective team member who is able to partner with associates and accomplish initiatives.
• Proven Leadership ability to work with and develop teams.
• Discipline to enforce and comply with standards.
• Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Associates and Managers.
• Ability to learn & grow – i.e. learn & apply TMS, learn kaizen, gain CPR certification as well as for Forklift certification.
• Ability to lift &/or move up to 50 pounds
• Able to perform assembly tasks as required
• Basic Math skills needed
Supervises two set-up men who supervise 4-6 employees in the Roof Truss Department. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; giving input on employee performance appraisals; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or one (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively communicate information in one on one and small group situations and other employees of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk and/or hear. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibrations.
The employee is exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position does not require travel.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [2nd Shift Foreman ]