Minneapolis, MN, USA
Twin Cities Diversity in Practice (TCDIP) is a collaboration of law firms and corporate law departments seeking to enhance the diversity of the legal profession. U.S. Bank and Stinson LLP are proud to be members of Twin Cities Diversity in Practice and to partner to host a 1L Summer Clerk. First-year law students have a unique summer clerkship opportunity that combines a traditional law firm clerkship with experience working at an in-house corporate law department. For more information about this program, please visit the TCDIP 1L Clerkship page. For more information on Stinson’s Summer Program, visit https://www.stinson.com/careers-summer-associate-program.
U.S. Bank and Stinson are pleased to offer a TCDIP Clerkship position for a current 1L law student. Based in Minneapolis, MN, the Clerk will be an employee of Stinson and split the 10-week summer program between the firm and U.S. Bank’s legal department. The successful candidate will be offered meaningful opportunities to work on legal-related assignments and to learn about Stinson, U.S. Bank, and the Minneapolis community as a whole.
- Be a member of a racial or ethnic group historically under-represented in the legal profession
- Current 1L law student in good standing
- Strong academic credentials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Community involvement
- Work experience
Applications must include (PDF format preferred):
- Current resume
- Cover letter that includes a statement of how the applicant qualifies for the Clerkship
- Undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts (unofficial versions are acceptable)
- Law school transcript (unofficial versions are acceptable). If an applicant’s law school transcript is unavailable at the time of application, the applicant may instead provide the anticipated date for receipt of grades and supplement with the transcript once available. Please send supplemental law school transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Legal writing sample
Application deadline: January 13, 2023.
Apply online at https://www.stinson.com/careers-summer-associate-program. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. For questions, contact the Attorney Recruiting Team at email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For information about Stinson, visit us at http://www.stinson.com and the NALP Directory of Legal Employers, https://www.nalpdirectory.com/. For more information about Diversity & Inclusion at Stinson, visit https://www.stinson.com/about-diversity-inclusion.
Stinson LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, disabled and other diverse candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Stinson LLP is a federal contractor. Information gathered through applicant Voluntary Self-Identification will be used periodically with various government agencies for statistical reporting and to measure the effectiveness of our Affirmative Action and EEO outreach efforts. All information is requested on a voluntary basis and will be kept confidential. We will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Applicants with a disability that are in need of an accommodation to complete the Stinson LLP application process should contact Human Resources at 316.268.7962 or email Talent@stinson.com.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [2023 U.S. Bank & Stinson LLP TCDIP 1L Summer Clerkship (Minneapolis, MN, USA) ]